You have a choice of easy, moderate to challenging course. All tours are packaged to offer you fascinating aspects of Gua Tempurung, depending on your level of interest and the time that you have at hand. Find out more about Gua Tempurung Tour Packages
From March to May, you can see bats by the hundreds as it is their mating season. You can hear them squealing in the high caverns and you wonder how they navigate in the dark. Well, although bats have weak eyes, they have natural sonar systems that help them to navigate.
Watching the bats and the breathtaking galleries with amazing rock formations will leave you gaping in wonder. There is a very surreal atmosphere to the entire experience. If you choose to go for the most gruelling tour that takes you to the icy cold underground stream, making you climb muddy paths, crawl though water and rocky holes, and slide down slippery stones, your excitement will be charged up so high, it will leave your pulse racing even after you step out to the sunlight outside. There, you will be welcomed by the sight of the lush, jungle greenery. Again, it is a reward of Mother Nature.
If you are into nature adventure, Gua Tempurung is a place you won’t want to miss. Even if you are a novice to caving, Gua Tempurung makes a good start. Discovering its unique treasure trove promises to be a truly rewarding experience.
The cave has five gigantic domes with ceilings resembling coconut shell (tempurung), hence its name Gua Tempurung. The five domes form the showcase galleries:
- Golden Flowstone Cavern : Standing at a height of 90 metres, Golden Flowstone describes the sloping and wavering floor and wall of the cave which has a golden hue when water flows over it.
- Gergasi (Giant) Cavern : It holds a huge column that looks like a space ship. Measuring about 15 metres high and 17 metres long, the column seems to hang precariously.
- Tin Mine Cavern : Here, you will see the remnants of mining activities in the old days.
- Alam (Universe) Cavern : Measuring more than 130 metres in width and towers 72 metres high, the cavern has a slender stalactite called Tongkat (Walking Stick or Cane).
- Fallen Warrior and Battlefield Cavern : See many amazing formations with one looking like a fallen warrior in a battlefield.
We have packages to suit different interests and level of fitness. For safety reasons, all our packages are guided tours which are both exciting and informative.
For a short tour, choose either Tour 1 or Tour 2 under the Dry Catwalk Tour: